What’s In Your Bag?
Wednesday 1st May 2019
CAPJ have developed this poster following the examination of data coming from Jersey’s Emergency Department. We identified that children were being seen in ED because they had ingested potentially harmful substances which they had accessed from their parent or carers bags, whether they were changing bags, handbags or similar. We often carry nappy sacks in a baby’s changing bag and these can cause suffocation, vaping liquids are poisonous and medication such as paracetamol or ibuprofen could be fatal if taken by a young child. Key fobs contain button batteries and cigarette lighters burn!
We hope that as many places as possible will put the poster up in an attempt to raise awareness of these dangers and encourage everyone to think about children’s safety.
If you would like a copy, available in English, Polish and Portuguese, please email firstname.lastname@example.org